Holika Holika Naked Face Series Review
Hello lovelys, today I have a review of the Holika Holika Naked Face Series for you!
It’s really hard to resist the huge sale they hold from time to time at the many makeup stores next to my university and this time I failed hard! But I don’t regret buying some stuff at Holika Holika because fortunately the things I bought turned out to be some of my favorite and even daily makeup products! Three of these products are from the Holika Holika Naked Face series: the Balancing Primer, the Fitting BB and the Cover-Up Concealer!
These are the products I bought! From concealer to lip tint ~
The products I will review today are the Holika Holika Naked Face Balancing Primer, Fitting BB in No. 21.5 Naked Beige and the Cover-Up Concealer in No. 1 Bright Beige
For this Review I wrote down a few facts so if you want the compact review just keep scrolling!
I used all products starting from the Primer to BB Cream to Concealer:
The Primer has three colors for three different effects in it: Green for reducing redness, Lavender for brightening up dull areas and Pink for evening the skintone. The texture is very light and doesn’t block the pores as some primers use to do. I feel like I am just applying moisturizing cream on my skin.
On days when I am super tired I prefer to use BB Cream first and apply concealer after it so the BB Cream doesn’t blend the concealer to much and the darker areas appear brighter. It depends on how you apply it and what effect you want, you can first apply concealer and then blemish balm as well. The BB Cream is also a very light and watery cream, that can be easily applied all over the face just by the fingers or a sponge and the coverage isn’t too high to give a natural look. Sadly the shade I bought is a hint too yellow for me. It was the lightest tone they had and even the shop lady said I have very fair skin. But with the brightening primer under it it blends just right. Plus the Cream has a SPF of 30PA++ which is important when the weather gets warmer. One thing that bothers me is the smell and that the cream is a little sticky after applying it. Some don’t care about this “Makeup” smell how I call it haha but I prefer ones that make my face smell sweet hihi.
The Concealer is also the lightest shade they sold there and has just the right shade to waken up my dark, tired eyes. The coverage is quite good and the texture is not too creamy. Sometimes if the concealer is to thick it happens easily that the product runs into my endless eye-laughter lines and I barely get it even without rubbing. Just now that the sun shines brighter I squint my eyes almost the whole time.
After applying it my face is almost flawless and ready for the next steps. Sometimes, for example when I used a sheet mask right before, I like to use some setting powder after it. But because I have very dry skin since I am in korea, I don’t need to use powder after it.
I changed my place of taking the photo for the last two pictures so the light looks different but I hope you can still see the progress from 1 without anything to last with all three products. I used the camera’s soft filter so my freckles don’t look to dark in the first picture.
The Holika Holika Naked Face Series Review
What I love:
- The Texture – light and not sticky!
- The Effect – Brightens up dark skin and reduces redness!
What I hate:
- The Price – It’s a little expensive if you don’t hit the sale. Sadly I threw away my receipt so I don’t know the exact price..Something arounf 15.000 Won… affordable but there are cheaper ones that have almost the same quality.
Fitting BB in 21.5
What I love:
- The Coverage – Not too high no create a natural look
- The Texture – Watery, but compared to the Sweet Cotton BB Cream much more fluid. A little sticky.
- The Price – Affordable. Compared to the price the quality is just right.
What I hate:
- The Stickiness – after applying it, it feels a little sticky.
Cover-Up Concealer in 1 Bright Beige
What I love:
- The Coverage – As the range is called – not too high but enough to hide tireness
- The Texture – More fluid than others, doesn’t dry out and doesn’t feel sticky.
- The Price – My new everyday concealer! Not the cheapest but affordable and longlasting.
What I hate:
- The Application – To apply it under the eyes is a little difficult without a brush. If you’re in a hurry its hard to get the right amount of the product thanks to the tube applicator. Or maybe this just happens to me.
All in all good products for everyday use. If I need high coverage I prefer to use other BB Creams. But if you see there’s a sale at Holika Holika it is worth visiting!
As always here are some photos with my full makeup~
That was my review for the Holika Holkia Naked Face Serie! If you have any further questions or any comments, just let me know below! Or follow me on Instagram!
The weather is getting warmer here in Seoul! So I already grabbed a new sun cream and hair treatment! I don’t like warm weather but I guess I have to deal with it right? This week I went makeup shopping in Myeongdong and I am really excited to tell you what I bought and to recommend them if they turn out to be good! Anyway thank you for visiting and hope to see you around next time as well! ^_^